RAD101 offers an online course designed to improve your ability to create a diagnostically useful x-ray image with a minimum of radiation exposure to the patient. The course will teach x-ray basics and allow you to earn a certificate showing you have met the minimum requirements for the operation of x-ray equipment in Georgia.
GEORGIA X-RAY REQUIREMENTS:
The Georgia Rules and Regulations for X-ray Operation state that ALL persons operating x-ray equipment:
- Receive a MINIMUM of six hours of x-ray instruction which shall begin within 30 days of employement and be completed no later than 90 days after the date of employment.
- Must be able to show written proof of completion of the x-ray training. The physician owning the equipment is required to maintain a record of all training for each operator.
Here’s How it Works:
Once you create an account and purchase training, you will have access to six course modules that each take approximately one hour to complete. Once you begin the course, you have 30 days to complete all six modules and take the exam. The modules cover the following material:
- Equipment Operation
- Basic X-ray Physics
- X-ray Technique
- Radiation Safety and Biology
- Darkroom and Processing Basics
- Digital Imaging Basics (not currently in the Georgia requirements but very pertinent)
Once you complete all six modules, you will take a 30 question quiz. After you pass the quiz with a score of 80 or higher, you will be able to print your Certificate of Completion of the minimum Georgia x-ray requirements.