RAD 101 offers an online Georgia Six Hour X-ray course. At RAD 101, our ultimate goal is to provide x-ray training that will allow you to obtain a diagnostically useful radiographic image with a minimum of radiation exposure to the patient. Our Online Training will teach x-ray basics and allow you to earn a certificate that shows you have met minimum Georgia six hour requirements for the operation of x-ray equipment.
GEORGIA X-RAY REQUIREMENTS:
The Georgia Rules and Regulations for X-ray Operation state that ALL persons operating x-ray equipment:
- Receive a MINIMUM of six hours of x-ray instruction which shall begin within 30 days of employement and be completed no later than 90 days after the date of employment.
- Must be able to show written proof of completion of the x-ray training. The physician owning the equipment is required to maintain a record of all training for each operator.
A complete list of all requirements can be accessed through the State of Georgia website:
At RAD 101, we realize that your time is valuable and that you would rather not spend all day on a Saturday attending a six-hour x-ray course. We have designed an efficient and user-friendly online program that will ensure you meet the minimum requirements and really learn something valuable to your job and patients in the process!
Here’s How it Works:
Once you create an account with us, you will have access to six course modules that each take approximately one hour to complete. Once you register for the course, you have 30 days to complete all six modules. The modules cover the following material:
- Equipment Operation
- Basic X-ray Physics
- X-ray Technique
- Radiation Safety and Biology
- Darkroom and Processing Basics
- Digital Imaging Basics (not currently in the Georgia requirements but very pertinent)
These are tough subjects, but we have broken each down to the very basics and present it in an easy-to-understand format. Graphics and other images help to make the learning more meaningful so that you can apply it at your job and provide better care to your patients.
Once you complete all six modules, you will take a 30 question quiz (don’t worry, we tell you what to study!). After you pass the quiz with a score of 80 or higher, you will be able to print your Certificate of Completion of the minimum Georgia x-ray requirements.